Lifeline CarePoint Essential Resident Safety System Now Integrated with Alexa to Deliver Keyworded Voice Help Alerts to Community Staff, Enabling Efficient Triaging and Enhanced Senior Care
Marlborough, MA – July 12, 2023 – The Lifeline Senior Living division of Connect America, a nationally recognized innovator in connected care technology for seniors, today announced that it has collaborated with Amazon’s Alexa Smart Properties to create a voice-enabled resident safety system aimed at enhancing senior care at Assisted Living and Independent Living communities across North America.
The integrated solution combines the Lifeline CarePoint Essential cloud-based residential safety system and the Alexa voice-enabled AI device. This integrated product was launched earlier this year at The Manor Village Desert Ridge in Phoenix, a community of nearly 160 senior adult residents. It is commercially available now through Lifeline Senior Living.
“We are thrilled to work with Lifeline Senior Living to enhance the lives of older adult residents so they can live more independently and easily stay connected to their community,” said Ginna Baik, Senior Living Business Development Manager at Alexa Smart Properties. “We’ve seen how customers, including older adult populations, find Alexa useful in their everyday lives and we look forward to continue to enable solutions and services that are designed for the needs of senior living and are easy to use.”
Lifeline CarePoint Essential with Alexa provides important capabilities beyond traditional emergency call systems, which typically have a button or pull cord for resident help requests. Traditional systems signal to staff that a specific room requires assistance with little context as to what is needed or if the need is urgent. Integrating with Alexa enables residents to make help requests and verbally specify what type of help is required. Whether it is a request for assistance from a fall or for a glass of water, residents will receive verbal confirmation that they have been heard, and help is on the way.
Key features of the Lifeline CarePoint Essential-Alexa integrated system include:
- Voice-Enabled Help Requests: The Alexa-enabled device reacts to residents’ spoken commands and sends keyworded alerts to staff members’ mobile devices or computer dashboards, providing critical contextual details that enable staff to effectively triage residents’ needs across the community. This feature helps senior living staff to deliver enhanced care and work more efficiently.
- Verbal Acknowledgement: Alexa verbally confirms their request has been received, delivering peace of mind while they wait for a caregiver.
- Heightened Community Engagement: The integrated system also enables seniors to engage with Alexa and gain resident pre-programmed community information such as weekly or daily menu offerings, activity schedules and reminders.
- Combating Isolation with Companionship and Engagement:
- AI Voice Control: Residents can interact with Alexa through conversations, jokes, trivia, and answers to questions, as well as access games, audiobooks, news, weather and more.
- Voice Calling: The resident’s address book can be uploaded to the system for hands-free, easy phone calls to family and friends through the in-room Alexa device, helping them stay connected.
“This system is driving new efficiencies for our staff and helping to promote a new sense of independence among our residents,” according to Alana Mann, President and Owner of The Manor Village at Desert Ridge. “Lifeline CarePoint Essential with Alexa is simple to use, and our residents especially appreciate the acknowledgment feature, where they know that their request has been heard. We are thrilled to deploy this new technology, and excited by the positive reactions from residents and their loved ones who visit them.”
“We are tremendously proud of the powerful collaboration between our Lifeline Senior Living team and Amazon to create this leading AI-enabled safety and engagement technology to enhance senior care and their daily lives,” said Janet Dillione, CEO of Connect America “From increased efficiencies and reduced costs to more proactive care and engagement, this solution can have a powerful impact for so many: seniors, family members, staff, healthcare systems, and senior living communities across North America.
About Lifeline Senior Living, Connect America
Lifeline Senior Living is a technology leader dedicated to providing the best resident safety and wellness solutions for senior living communities. From traditional e-call systems to advanced resident safety platforms, Lifeline helps communities deliver better overall resident care.
Connect America, and its family of brands is the leading provider of connective health solutions dedicated to empowering aging adults and vulnerable populations to live safely and independently at home for as long as possible. The company’s AI-assisted digital health and safety platform includes remote patient monitoring (RPM) solutions, personal emergency response systems (PERS), medication management, analytics, and SDOH support that enables continuous in-home and mobile monitoring of aging and at-risk populations for more timely interventions and smart escalations of care. With improved outcomes, reduced hospitalizations and lower care costs, patients and their care circles have peace of mind knowing Connect America is how health and home connect.